Tools to Use/Access M-Lab Data
This page describes software tools that can be used to run M-Lab tests and access M-Lab data.
Supported tools are those which have been developed and are maintained by the core M-Lab staff.
- M-Lab Measure Chrome App - M-Lab Measure is an extension for the Google Chrome browser that lets users schedule NDT to run at regular intervals to track the performance of and Internet connection over time.
- MeasurementKit MeasurementKit is a C++ library supported by M-Lab, supporting integrations outside of the browser. Supported tests include NDT, Neubot, and the OONI test suite.
- Murakami - Murakami is a tool for creating an automatic M-Lab testing platform with as little effort as possible. Once running, Murakami runs an NDT test roughly every twelve hours and stores the results for your analysis.
- speed.measurementlab.net - speed.measurementlab.net is a standalone M-Lab NDT test site that supports multiple languages.
- Telescope - Telescope is a Python framework designed to extract raw measurements from M-Lab to allow the easy production of research.
Community tools are developed by other organizations or individuals, but which leverage the M-Lab platform and data. If you are interested in listing your community tool here, please contact us.
- I3 Connectivity Explorer - Part of the Internet as Infrastructure Project, “I3 Connectivity Explorer pulls data from U.S. Government agencies — FCC, Census, EPA, USDA — and public sources including the Measurement Lab and the Pro Publica Congress API. It then combines the sources across the places we live: towns, counties and county subdivisions, tribal regions, school and congressional districts; and presents the data in both graphical (maps and charts) and tabular formats using multiple resolutions: block, block group, tract, county, and state.”
- Piecewise - Piecewise is a tool for digesting and aggregating user-volunteered Internet performance test results data from Measurement Lab, and visualizing aggregate data on the web.
- Speedup America - Speed Up America’s project vision is an open source nation-wide map that pulls individual internet speed test data from M-Lab and breaking down the results on maps and charts by points, census blocks, ISP, date range, and speed. Census block data and FCC 477 data will used to supplement both the analysis and maps.
- Broadband Berlin
- Broadband Now.com
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority - Internet Performance Test
- Google OneBox Search Results Widget
- High Speed Internet.com
- West London Business
Have we missed something?
If you have an M-Lab integration that isn’t featured here, please let us know!