M-Lab Dataset Schemas and Changelog
How Data is Collected
- Each M-Lab test consists of a client and a server.
- Whenever an M-Lab user starts a test, the client and server interact to measure different aspects of that user’s connection.
- A single user request triggers one or more tests (e.g., client-to-server test, server-to-client test).
- For each test, a server collects a log, and the test can be uniquely identified by its log filename.
- Timestamp fields are stored in our schema in UTC
- Time only fields are stored in milliseconds (ms)
M-Lab Hosted BigQuery Datasets, Tables, and Views
M-Lab publishes BigQuery tables and views for tests that have implemented a parser in our ETL pipeline. The following list provides links to schema pages for each test we publish to BigQuery. Additionally, M-Lab publishes some datasets for M-Lab “Core Services and Platform Data”, that provide information about the M-Lab platform infrastructure. Please visit the page for each dataset’s schema for more information.